Friday, March 14, 2014

Android 4.3

Writing from my Android.

I can't remember for how long I've ignored the new phone software update that kept sitting like a slug on my notification bar, just waiting for me to update the phone. My phone was rooted (like "jailbreak" for Apple) and all and running on Android 4.1. I'm a very responsible person in general, keeping up with stuff, but when it comes to updates I'm always reluctant. They always take extra space and it's often changes you don't feel or see, hence I always avoid updates.

That's what I thought with this update, just ignoring and ignoring my love. Until I finally looked up what the update included. For weeks I've been waiting for a new Android update (well I wanted Android 4.4 KitKat) and didn't know, this was a huge update. Anyway, as I looked up what my update was about (12.1.A.0.266) I realized it was Android 4.3! I fleeew out of bed (was gonna take a nap) and ran to the computer to update. And so I did, updated OTA (over-the-air), and it failed! PUCK! I started cursing myself for fudging up my phone by flashing stuff before. It's always a hassle to fix stuff like this since I consider myself a rookie. But long story short, after tons of research to make sure my phone's situation wasn't gonna get ruined by a certain method for upgrading, I finally managed to fix it.

Android 4.3 is so beautiful (as usual) and I tried (as I always do) a new launcher this time. Windows 8, launcher 8. And this is what my phone currently looks like. Very simple on the outside. 


But this...

This is what made the update so beautiful. I've added a theme for my phone, that's why it's even more beautiful with this wooden theme

1 comment:

  1. Malin: Åååh så fin den blev!!! Vi båda vet hur mycket mobilteknologi betyder för dig så jag är så glad att du lyckades lösa problemet som en äkta expert och fick äntligen din vackra uppdaterade Android att funka!! PS. Älskar Windows 8-launchern. Så cleant och snyggt :')

    ReplyDelete