Monday, March 16, 2015

HUGE UPDATE: the past weeks since I moved back!

The past weeks have been a blur now that I look back. I haven't done any proper updates since the INNA concert, that was also when I recently moved back home.

Why did I move back home? Honestly, there's so many factors, personal and private once that I can't tell. Let's just shortly describe it that I was freaking traumatized. A lot of things happened and I don't really want to go back there. I am way more healthy now and Jkpg is probably going to be put as an end of a chapter of my life. 

ART
As noted in the previous post I've started to draw. I haven't really talked about how it all started, except I do that on my Tumblr: Creepyism1. In the beginning I experimented with scribbles and watercolor, but especially scribbles. I drew on an A4 sketchbook which was way too big and the art just came out really ugly in my opinion. It also felt like I was wasting paper, especially on such a beautiful sketchbook (which I bought in the Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam). So I realized I sucked and tried doing any random scribble on note sized paper. The first drawing I did was on Walter White from Breaking Bad. 


Keep in mind that I've never had any lessons or practiced scribbling or drawing at all. I did this one really quick and it came out so nice. Before doing this piece I liked drawing things right from my imagination but I obviously didn't have the skills to draw that well so I tried doing this "reality" drawing, which meant I had a picture and "copied" it down with my own drawing. I was damn proud of this Walter White piece. The first person to see this was my little brother and he saw immediately what it was. He wanted me to draw his idol and told me to start selling art and at that point I realized I really, 100%, had something going on. 

If you look at my Instagram now (click) you'll see all my works, from all the water color pieces to what I draw now. You can almost see where I started taking my drawing skills seriously and that's when I really put more effort into my works. I was the "lost artist, I did different art, water color and doodle art but I've always been interested in scribbles because it's rather quick and don't require too much detail (which is good and bad), or it depends on your style, but I am quite impatient with everything in life and the same for art. I work in bursts of energy, anyway I'm drifting off... What I'm trying to say is that I discovered my hidden skill with scribbles. Scribbles is such a nice and easy way to make rather good shadowing and such to make things look more realistic. 

So as I kept drawing everything just naturally blended into my own style. I started doing scribbles that were "empty", not much shadowing and such and my later works are filled with it, filled with scribbles. 


See the difference between this "clown" and Walter White? I actually did this clown right out of my imagination while a lot of my other pieces have a picture I looked at. I guess I'm dull that way... I hope I'll be good enough to use my own ideas and put them into beautiful pieces on paper in the future. But for now I'm in the newbie stage and I think it's best for me to draw from pictures so that I can practice shadowing and such. 


You know, I've never felt so lost as I've been, don't get me wrong, I still am really lost in my mind but finding this hobby really fills my soul with purpose. Somehow I feel a little better today than I did, let's say three weeks ago. I tried, I reached out but I couldn't find anyone and I realized that I will never give a shit about anyone but myself. Art has filled about 50% of that emptiness I felt. I knew I had a creative skill and I am so grateful for being lost in the sense that I found this hobby. 

The crazy thing is that I started drawing seriously at around 2nd March. Yeah, two weeks now, I've done these pieces with only 2 weeks of practice.






No comments:

Post a Comment