Wednesday, March 25, 2015

OnePlus One - Phone Talk/Love

So I was able to sell my old baby, my XPERIA SP to a man that apparently was going to perform at IEGS! So that was nice, he was a nice person.. who also bought my phone + accessories for my full price.

Today was the first time in a long time that I felt okay, fairly "happy" with life. I mean, I got my phone sold, got some cash back, fixed some papers and tonight I'm meeting up with an old friend from afar. Oh, side note, during Sunday night (22/3) I went to see Chappie in the movies! With Die Antwoord and they're the only reason why I wanted to see that movie because I love Die Antwoord.

Lulz, the reason why I'm writing this is because I want to talk about my new phone, my OnePlus One (OPO). First of all, I am so glad I bought this "back up" case which I bought spontaneously when I realized I had to wait for too long for my screen protector and other cases to arrive. I'm very happy with this flip case even though I've always been against flip cases because they look so impractical, like you have to open a big, fat book in order to get to your phone. Blurgh, anyway, I still think a normal back case is better but I care too much for this phone that I can't afford a single scratch on it so I had to get a more protective case and that's how this flip case came into the picture. It's a blue/turquoise  MOFI case with a steel flip cover, it's really nice and I bought it in Sweden so it took one shipping day, it came so fast and yeah, I'm very satisfied.

On to the actual phone... I am in love. The size of the screen is 5.5 inches, so that plus all the other space makes it a pretty damn big phone. I've used it and I mean... It doesn't matter, you get used to the size but there are moments where you are very conscious of the size, like when I talk on it or putting it in my pocket. My hands are pretty small and my pockets are also small so it happens that I have to actually hold the phone like it's a bigger wallet, which is kind of annoying. But other than that I really like it.

It runs on CyanogenMod (at the moment ;)) and I love all this customization that you can fiddle around with. You can change almost everything to the way you want it. The CPU (processor) makes everything run so fast, I really noticed the speed whenever I wanna download/uninstall an app, everything is done within seconds. I'm on my OPO all the time!!! Not because I do anything special on it but because it's so freaking beautiful to look at. I have set my own wallpaper, icon and themes and it's just soooo beautiful.


So that's my home screen and as you can see by the bottom of the screen are these buttons. I have six, SIX different buttons and I customized them all by adding and rearranging them as I like it. The OPO also has "hard ware" buttons/keys off screen but they are limited to the standard "three" buttons (back, home, menu/whatever). 

Another thing I totally love with the software, Cyanogen, is the music. You can adjust whatever you like to hear, equalizer. I put more bass on the settings and my headphones just busted that bass into my ears I have my own nightclub right in my headphones. I'm listening to music through my OPO because of this. Otherwise I have iTunes on my computer and I listen through my PC but it sounds really flat. 

Another thing I really like with the OPO is the LED notification. It's basically just a blinking dot next to the front camera. Perfect location. I've had "the blinking dot" on my Xperia Neo but it was located on the side of the phone, after that my Xperia SP had this HUGE LED notification, its transparent bar. That phone would be perfect for whoever that sucks at responding quickly to messages since the whole freaking phone would blink. That's a bot too hardcore for me because I am a master at replying fairly quickly.... Because I'm glued to my phone. So going back to the simple dot LED Not. is pretty good for me. It doesn't scream in my face that someone contacted me but it also doesn't hide and let me miss stuff.

So yeah, I've had my phone for a few days now and I am generally very happy with it so far. 


No comments:

Post a Comment