Sunday, November 2, 2014

PC Work & A Bit of An Update

Lately I've been so damn busy with different stuff. But let's do a short recap of what's been going on lately. I've had an exam in molecular biology which me and Leo immediately went back to our gaming sessions afterwards. We've been gaming Mario Kart, Sonic Adventure 2, "Contra" and Mario Bros. Basically just gaming before and after the exam week. We played like 5-7h straight after the exam and ended the evening with McDonkie food, at least for my part. Anyway, really nice quality friendship time.

This weekend has been spent on building my computer, at least changing chassi. I wanted to change the old one because I got fed up with the nosie it caused. It's quite horrendous when you think about it. So I bought Define R4 chassi and thought it'd make a difference since it's superb with isolation. Hah, hell no.. It didn't make any major difference actually, because my video card is a damn pain in the as*. That stuff is what makes the noise. So... I'm not completely done with my built but hopefully soon it'll be complete.

It's really fun to build computers. All the details and technical stuff, really my cup of tea. However, things always manage to screw up and give me problems when I build. This time it's not because anything got destroyed but more like... The components suck...

Whatever. Here's a picture of my new chassi with some of the componens in it. Not really the flashiest, since I'm not a hardcore PC gamer. But it's enough for my usage.

This picture is however "old". I've made some adjustments in there. I've removed the "upper hard drive holder" for more free space and for a lil' better air flow in the whole box.

But for now I won't use my PC without a video card because everything feels like I'm running on Windows 97 again, so I'm on my laptop. Very uncommon grounds for a PC fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment