Saturday, April 11, 2015

Phone Cases

This one below is obviously hand made. By the one and only artist: me. I love CyanogenMod and I work with horror and creepy stuff because my old soul loves that. 

The story behind this case is that it was originally this turquoise blue. Really pretty and the case itself is really high quality. It's by MOFI. Being the restless soul that I am I impulsively, without thinking, started adding these random colored diamonds that I had lying around. It was ridiculous. I even wanted to spell "poop" on it with the diamonds and even that I failed on. I don't know what happened. Probably a brain fart there. I glued everything with superglue and it looked horrible in my opinion. It was like a drunk monkey in a factory in China who assembled this piece together.

The day after I regretted it all and removed everything, leaving this harsh, ugly surface with glue still on (that I couldn't get rid of, it's superglue, duh) and some rip offs on the leather. I knew I'd ruin the case this way so what do I do? I draw. I drew my two favorite logos: OnePlus One and the CyanogenMod logos. At first I was gonna make these clean logos but as I started working on this piece I realized that the ink I used was smudging. A beautiful smudge and the rest is history. 

The blue color of the case is actually perfect because CyanogenMod's signature color is this blue. 


(Pic stolen from Google) 

Yesterday I met with a buddy which had these two original cases from the OnePlus store, so I got them.

Honestly, I have too much respect and care for my OnePlus that I don't dare to put a case like this clear one. Simply because it doesn't protect very well from drops and there's areas where it's not covered. However, it does a perfect job in getting as close to the "naked" phone as possible. You can really feel the thinness of the phone with this case.

(Pic stolen from Google)

I also got this black flip case which is really good. I really like the quality of this one and it fits perfectly on the phone (obviously because it's from the manufacturer). I really like this.


Besides all these cases, I have more.. I have about 5 right now and I've just bought more... I need therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment